Thursday, September 22, 2011

One down...

Keen to get back on the project I headed out to Flatrock after class today. After a quick warm up at the trailer boulders it was time to get down to business. I met up with Kaleb, John and Katie out there so we had tons of pads.

I'd decided to write off the going left hand first to the bottom of the crack method as it seemed to just get me stuck. So I decided to just keep trying the throw with the right hand until it works. Getting the distance is not too hard but actually getting your fingers deep enough in the hold to grab on is the tricky part.

After several attempts and one ripped flapper I eventually managed to stick the hold and keep going to the top.

The send was once again captured by my phone propped up against my shoe so here's a video...




I named the problem "The Wire" partially after the shape of the crack feature... and partially because I have been watching way too much of that TV show recently.


So that's one project down... now on to the next one.

1 comment: